White Rose Senior Center is a place to have fun, meet new friends, learn a skill or just kick back and enjoy life.
The mission of the White Rose Senior Center is to be a place in the community where all people can share talents and skills; find comfort and solace; receive support and services; and contribute to the vitality of the York area community.
White Rose Senior Center has been serving older adults for over 34 years when it became incorporated in March of 1984. It has been housed at its current location within a York Housing Authority building. The Center offers a variety of activities and programs to its members daily. Most of the programs do not have a charge and there is no membership fee. The congregate meal is available to you with a two-day prior reservation. There is no cost for the meal and donations are greatly appreciated.
activities at our center include:
- Fitness Programs such as Zumba® Gold, Tai Chi, Strength & Balance Classes
- Educational & Wellness Programs
- Day Trips
- Parties & Entertainment
- Games & Socialization
- iPad Classes
- Monthly Blood Pressure Checks
- Congregate lunch
- Commodity Supplemental Food Program for Seniors through The York Food Bank
- Fresh Express Food Program from the Central PA Food Bank
- Information & Referral Services
- Bilingual Services (Spanish)
- AARP Tax Assistance
- PA Property Tax/Rent Rebate Assistance,
- PA Farmers Nutrition Food Vouchers
What We Have Achieved
- 2017/2018 Pennsylvania Senior Center Community Grant (PA SCC Grant) to provide PA Arts Council programs to the members, enhance our audio-visual system, and to provide the nationally recognized program entitled "What a Waste" program to address food waste, nutrient deficiency loss, and food likes and dislikes of the members.
- 2016/2017 Pennsylvania Senior Center Community Grant (PA SCC Grant) to provide a data collection system from IAT called Co-Pilot.
- 2016 York County Community Foundation Embracing Aging Grant to expand the iPad classes between York College of Pennsylvania Behavioral Science Department, Generation Connect, and White Rose Senior Center.
- The Executive Director became a Pennsylvania Association of Senior Centers (PASC) Board Member 2016.
- 2015/2016 York County Community Foundation Embracing Aging Grant for a collaboration with York College of Pennsylvania Gerontology class, Generation Connect and White Rose Senior Center to bring iPads to White Rose Senior Center as an intergenerational program.
- 2014/2015 Pennsylvania Senior Center Community Grant (PA SCC Grant) to expand space at White Rose Senior Center by adding a sun porch addition to the existing property.